Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Magic of Writing Goals

In previous blogs I have mentioned that every Sunday I make a list of what I need and want to write over the next week. This not only helps me to keep on track but allows me to think ahead as well as collect thoughts, ideas and facts.

However this Sunday I not only wrote my list but also added some longer term hopes and aims. I have been a firm believer in the value of writing goals but my action this Sunday helped re-enforce how valuable this process can be. It was as if writing down some personal aims I have re-ignited a spark inside me and yesterday (Monday) was exceptionally productive.

In addition to writing down daily or weekly writing targets, add longer term aims and see what a difference this can make.

If you find this as effective as I do and/or have had success in goals you have previously written down, do please write and tell me at selfhelpforwriters@hotmail.co.uk It is a fascinating area and one that can help with your writing as well as in other areas of your life.

**

Thanks to all who have recently visited my blog and for the comments I have received, including a newspaper plug! However if you are visiting for the first time and are keen to make more of your writing talents, do take a look at my ebook, Achieve More Acceptances and Be Published More Often. For reviews, information and to benefit from the current low price (it's just $7), do visit http://achievemoreacceptances.com

No comments: