Saturday, April 21, 2007

Building on Your Writing Contacts

Earlier this month I emailed an idea to a magazine editor. The next day my mail server went down (and is still down). This meant that I was not able to receive emails to my main address.

Wondering if the editor had responded to my idea and knowing they were not able to send me an email, I got back in contact and explained my email problem, saying that if she had replied I would not have received it.

The editor did reply, commented how annoying my email situation must be but said she did not want to take up this particular idea. I then replied thanking her for her response and tentatively wondered if another idea I had may be more suitable.

It was. And it has since resulted in a major commission.

The reason I am mentioning this is because it shows how important it is that when you have established communication and contact with an editor, it is possible to build on it. And also that problems (eg my email situation) can turn out to be blessings in disguise!

***

For other ways to help you to achieve more acceptances, do take a look at my special report, http://achievemoreacceptances.com.

No comments: