Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Making Your Writing Resolutions More Successful

Have you written down your writing goals for 2007 yet? If not, I urge you to do so. By writing down what it is you want to achieve, you will stand far more chance of achieving it.

And if some of your aims seem daunting, be prepared to break them down into stages and tackle each stage bit by bit. As the proverb reminds us, 'Yard by yard, it's hard. Inch by inch it's a cinch.'

Also, in addition to writing down longer term goals, do set shorter ones. Each Sunday I write down a list of things that I want to write and do over the next week and this helps me stay focussed. In addition to writing aims, I also include ways I can better myself, including scheduling some reading and research time into each day.

Setting writing goals really can help what you do and lead to you producing far more.

No comments: