Sunday, January 27, 2008

Writing Output

I have been asked how many words I write a day?

The answer is probably about 2000 although sometimes, when I have a lot of editing to do, it is much less. I try to have 2 main writing sessions - first thing in the morning and this is when I write on Chinese horoscopes - the second is the afternoon when I write or revise articles.

Although it is always interesting to know how much writers write each day, I feel the main thing is not so much the number of words but that you do actually write something. Even if you are only able to write 50 or 100, at least over time your words will mount up.

As a writer, do aim to write something everyday - it will help your output and your craft.

Good luck - and do please email me with any questions.

No comments: