Monday, November 26, 2007

Keys to Writing Success - Revision Time

Here is a writing tip which I hope will serve you well.

It is that when finishing a piece of work, and you do not have a pressing deadline to meet, allow some time before sending the work off. By allowing yourself this time - even if just a gap of a few days - you will be able to look at your work in a new light and perhaps spot errors or sentences that may not read as well as you would like. Today, for instance, I was going through an article I finished last Friday and thought was ready. To my alarm I spotted two errors - one in the opening paragraph and which, despite my reading the article over several times, I had not spotted before. Allowing time and reading your work after an interval can certainly help you to spot mistakes, improve it and, in the process, help strenghten your chances of publication.

*

I have recently updated my website and if you would like to take a look it is http://neilsomerville.com

No comments: